Kirkland is widely recognized as one of the world’s leading law firms. While there are many things that set Kirkland apart from other firms, the key to our success has always been our unparalleled commitment to the recruitment, training and retention of the nation’s best legal talent. Our free-market system allows each attorney to choose the practice areas and matters on which they work. This entrepreneurial approach yields higher levels of commitment, morale and success in all of our core practices:
Our trial lawyers are tenacious advocates. Our success rate at trial is among the best, despite handling some of the most challenging litigation cases in history.
Our lawyers are at the center of negotiating some of the most difficult and important deals around the world. Our attorneys don’t just understand the market — they often “move the market” with innovative solutions.
We have one of the most respected intellectual property litigation practices in the country. It has been an integral part of the Firm since 1925.
We represent some of the world’s largest companies facing high-profile, complicated, contested restructuring matters.
"Obviously a top firm and when we go there we get exceptionally good advice" - Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business, 2012
"#9 - Overall Prestige" - Vault Guide to the Top 100 Law Firms, 2012
Tied for first place as "The Most Decorated law firm" in the history of The American Lawyer’s "Litigation Department of the Year Contest," 2012
"U.S. M&A Law Firm of the Year" - World Finance Legal Awards, 2011
"Law Firm of the Year" for Private Equity - U.S. News - Best Lawyers 2011 "Best Law Firms"
#1 Law Firm in Global & U.S. Buyouts (by Volume) - Mergermarket’s League Tables of Legal Advisers to M&A for Year End 2011
Ranked 1st by number of deals in the categories of "Mergers & Acquisitions" and "Private Equity" in The American Lawyer’s annual survey, "Corporate Scorecard"
"Restructuring Team of the Year" - IFLR1000, 2011
Kirkland recognized as one of the "Bankruptcy Groups of 2011" - Law360
First tier ranking in Restructuring/Insolvency for five consecutive years - Chambers Global and Chambers USA
Intellectual Property "2011 Practice Group of the Year" - Law360
Featured on the "Intellectual Property Hot List" The National Law Journal, 2012
- Our principal goal is to provide the highest quality legal services available anywhere.
- We never hesitate to turn over responsibility to junior lawyers, and we encourage them to seek leadership opportunities early in their careers.
- We are a firm of leaders and self-starters.
- We are a high-energy firm. We offer clients a strong bench of attorneys who are results-driven and high-performing.
- We are recognized as an industry leader in each of our core practice areas.
- We are problem solvers.
- Our lawyers work in seamless teams — across geography and practice areas — to provide innovative solutions to clients.
- We represent blue-chip clients in matters of material importance anywhere and anytime.