Daniel focuses on cross-border leveraged and acquisition finance transactions, both public and private, together with the refinancing and restructuring of such transactions – ranging from covenant resets to debt-for-equity swaps. Daniel has extensive experience acting on European, South-East Asian and South Asian financings, having worked in London, Hong Kong and, during part of the seven years he spent at a Magic Circle firm prior to joining Kirkland & Ellis, Singapore. Daniel acts for both borrowers (primarily private equity funds and their portfolio companies) and lenders (primarily direct-lending credit funds).
Daniel has spent time on secondment to the execution desk in the leveraged finance team at Goldman Sachs in London (2010/11) as well as to the legal team supporting the leveraged and project finance teams at Standard Chartered Bank in Singapore (2013/14). Daniel is listed as a Notable Practitioner in IFLR1000 and is noted as “highly regarded” in The Legal 500.
Admissions & Qualifications
- 2016, Hong Kong, Registered Foreign Lawyer
- 2012, Admitted to Practice as a Solicitor of England and Wales
- 2006, New Zealand, Barrister and Solicitor (non-practising)
- University of AucklandBachelor of LawsHonors2006
- University of AucklandBachelor of Arts2006