Candice A. Andalia is a litigation partner in the Washington, D.C., office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. Candice focuses on high-stakes, complex commercial litigation around the world, managing and coordinating national defense and strategy for clients in the manufacturing, technology, and financial sectors. She has defended clients in putative class action matters in state and federal trial and appellate courts around the United States, in addition to multi-party disputes in international arbitration. Candice also represents clients before international, federal, and state regulatory authorities, as well as government and internal investigations.
Candice maintains an active pro bono practice handling civil and criminal appeals, with a special focus on cases in the service of Spanish-language speakers.
“Social Media Trends in the Promotion of Pharmaceuticals, Biologics, and Medical Devices,” In-House Defense Quarterly, Defense Research Institute, January 2016
“The FDA's Enforcement Powers Under the FSMA: Recipes for Compliance,” Bloomberg BNA: Product Safety & Liability Reporter, November 2014
“What to Expect When She Wasn’t Expecting: Contraceptive Manufacturers and Their Potential Liability in Pregnancy Tort Actions,” Defense Research Institute, Drug and Medical Device: Rx For the Defense, July 2013
“Know the Stakes When the Stork Comes: Damages and Defenses in Pregnancy Tort Actions,” Defense Research Institute, The Voice, July 2013
Admissions & Qualifications
- Admitted only in New York and practice is supervised by principals of the Firm
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Cornell Law SchoolJ.D., Advocacy2011General Editor, Journal of Law and Public Policy
- Yale UniversityB.A., History & Political Philosophy2008Chauncey Brewster Tinker Prize