Katie Atkinson is an associate in Kirkland’s Intellectual Property Litigation Practice Group in London.
Katie has experience of complex patent litigation before the High Court and the UK Supreme Court. Katie has an academic background in materials science and previously worked as an engineer in the automotive industry.
“Autonomous cars: A driving force for change in motor liability and insurance,” SCRIPTed - A Journal of Law, Technology and Society, Winter 2019
“What impact will the introduction of the Unitary Patent and the Unified Patent Court have on life sciences companies and how should they prepare?” Bio-Science Law Review, 2018
Memberships & Affiliations
Registered as Chartered Engineer
Fellow, Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining
Admissions & Qualifications
- 2021, Admitted to Practice as a Solicitor of England and Wales
- BPP Law School, LondonLL.M., Legal PracticeDistinction2017
- BPP Law School, LondonGraduate Diploma in LawCommendation2016
- University of CambridgePh.D., Engineering2014
- University of CambridgeM.Sc., Experimental and Theoretical Physics2009Year abroad, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2007–2008