Jay Bhimani represents companies and individuals in complex commercial litigation matters, with a particular focus on product liability and securities matters.
Jay currently serves as one of Johnson & Johnson’s trial counsel in litigation associated with the company’s talcum powder products. He was second-chair in a 2019 trial that resulted in a complete defense verdict for the company, selected as a “Legal Lion Verdict of the Week” (Law360) and among the year’s “Top Verdicts” (Daily Journal) and “Top 10 Most Impressive Defense Verdicts” (Courtroom View Network). In 2018, Jay was third-chair in a trial that likewise resulted in a complete defense verdict and was selected as among the “Top Verdicts” of 2018 (Daily Journal) and the “Top Product Liability cases of 2018” (Law360).
In addition, Jay has substantial experience in significant securities litigation matters. He is a member of the group recognized by The Recorder as Securities Litigation Department of the Year in 2015 and by Law360 as Securities Group of the Year in 2017.
Jay has an active pro bono practice as well. In 2016, Public Counsel’s Consumer Law Project awarded Jay its 2016 Public Counsel Pro Bono Award.
Memberships & Affiliations
Association of Business Trial Lawyers
Admissions & Qualifications
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California
- University of California, Los Angeles, School of LawJ.D.2009
- University of California, Los AngelesB.A., Political Sciencemagna cum laude2006College Honors