Evelyn Blacklock is a litigation associate in the New York office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. She focuses on issues and appeals in complex commercial litigation. Representative matters include serving as counsel for a media defendant in a defamation case with First Amendment implications, a medical device manufacturer in a product liability case with federal preemption overtones, a pharmaceutical company in a reverse payment antitrust lawsuit, a utility company in a securities fraud matter, and an Indian tribe in a water-rights dispute. She has also helped advise a pharmaceutical company and a nonprofit on executive power issues.
Before joining Kirkland, Evelyn served as a law clerk to Chief Justice Roberts at the Supreme Court, Judge Kavanaugh at the D.C. Circuit, and Judge Sullivan at the Southern District of New York.
Admissions & Qualifications
- 2017New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Harvard Law SchoolJ.D.magna cum laude2016Articles Editor, Harvard Law Review
- Patrick Henry CollegeB.A., Governmentsumma cum laude2011