Carl is a corporate partner in the London office of Kirkland & Ellis International LLP with a focus on cross-border Private Equity deals. Carl advises investment funds, their portfolio companies and management teams on complex business transactions across the value range in multiple sectors throughout Europe including recent deals in the tech, consumer & retail, industrials and business services space. He has structured and negotiated the full spectrum of Private Equity deal types including leveraged buy-outs, carve-outs, public-to-privates, consortium deals and co-investments and also has particular experience in the equity aspects of distress-to-control investments and special situations.
Carl has been recognised by IFLR and SuperLawyers and featured in Financial News 40 Under 40 Rising Stars in European Legal Services.
Memberships & Affiliations
Diversity & Inclusion
Professional Ambassador, Aspiring Solicitors
Impetus-Private Equity Foundation, Futures Committee Member
Admissions & Qualifications
- 2010, Admitted to Practice as a Solicitor of England and Wales
- College of Law, LondonLegal Practice Course2008
- Nottingham Law SchoolGraduate Diploma in Law2007
- Judge Business School, University of CambridgeM.Phil., Innovation, Strategy and Organisation2006
Diploma in Management Studies, 2005
Elizabeth Cherry Scholar, Hughes Hall
- Loughborough UniversityB.Sc.(Hons) 1st Class2004