Carl is a corporate partner in the London office of Kirkland & Ellis International LLP with a focus on Private Equity. Carl advises investment funds, their portfolio companies and management teams on complex business transactions across the value range in multiple sectors throughout Europe. Carl is experienced in domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, shareholder arrangements, distressed investments, group reorganisations and management incentive plans. In 2018, Carl acted as in-house counsel to the deal teams of a leading global private equity firm while on client secondment.
Carl is recognised by IFLR and previously featured in Financial News 40 Under 40 Rising Stars in European Legal Services.
Memberships & Affiliations
Diversity & Inclusion
Professional Ambassador, Aspiring Solicitors
Impetus-Private Equity Foundation, Future Leaders Committee Member
Admissions & Qualifications
- 2010, Admitted to Practice as a Solicitor of England and Wales
- College of Law, LondonLegal Practice Course2008
- Nottingham Law SchoolGraduate Diploma in Law2007
- Judge Business School, University of CambridgeM.Phil., Innovation, Strategy and Organisation2006
Diploma in Management Studies, 2005
Elizabeth Cherry Scholar, Hughes Hall
- Loughborough UniversityB.Sc.(Hons) 1st Class2004