Mariel Brookins is a litigation associate in the Washington, D.C., office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. Her practice focuses on appellate and Supreme Court litigation. Mariel has obtained success for clients in multiple cases before the U. S. Supreme Court, both at the certiorari stage and on the merits. She has also authored successful briefs before numerous federal and state appellate courts. Her litigation experience spans a wide range of subject areas, including constitutional law, administrative law, antitrust, contract, energy, and sovereign immunity. Mariel also maintains a diverse and active pro bono practice.
Prior to joining Kirkland, Mariel served as a law clerk to then-Judge Amy Coney Barrett of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit and Judge Kevin C. Newsom of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
Admissions & Qualifications
- 2018District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- University of Michigan Law SchoolJ.D.
Executive Articles Editor, Michigan Law Review
Executive Board Member, Henry M. Campbell Moot Court Competition
- Grand Valley State UniversityM.B.A.
- Wheaton CollegeB.S., Business and Economics