Patrick Brown is a partner in the Washington, D.C., office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. His practice focuses on complex commercial litigation.
Before joining Kirkland, Patrick served as a Law Clerk to Judge Thomas I. Vanaskie of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Searches of Cell Phones Incident to Arrest: Overview of the Law as It Stands and a New Path Forward (in Harvard Journal of Law & Technology Vol. 27 No. 2; Spring 2014)
Industrial Pioneers: Scranton, Pennsylvania and the Transformation of America, 1840–1902
Admissions & Qualifications
- 2016, District of Columbia
- 2014, Virginia (inactive)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Harvard Law SchoolJ.D.2014
Semifinalist, Oralist, 2013 Ames Moot Court Competition
Best Overall Contract, Williston Negotiation & Contracts Competition
Speakers Editor, Harvard Journal of Law and Technology
- Georgetown UniversityA.B., History; Science, Technology and International Affairs Minormagna cum laude2009Morris Medal for Best Senior History Honors Thesis