Tyler Burgess is an associate in the Washington, D.C., office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. Tyler counsels clients in all aspects of environmental law. She negotiates with regulators to resolve and settle compliance matters, conducts due diligence, advises debtors and distressed investors/creditors in complex bankruptcy matters, advises on environmental aspects of litigation, and assists clients in navigating congressional inquiries. She has been recognized by Best Lawyers as One to Watch for her work in Environmental Law since 2021.
Before starting in private practice, Tyler began her legal career as a trial attorney through the honors program at the U.S. Department of Justice, Environment and Natural Resources Division where she was awarded the Outstanding Performance Award in 2016 and 2017. In that role, she defended federal agencies in complex civil litigation involving the National Environmental Policy Act, the National Historic Preservation Act, the Endangered Species Act, and a myriad of other federal statutes.
Admissions & Qualifications
- District of Columbia
- North Carolina
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of North Dakota
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- University of North Carolina School of LawJ.D.with HonorsJournal of International Law and Commercial Regulation
- North Carolina State UniversityM.S., Horticultural Science
- University of WashingtonB.S., Forest Resources