Katie Coltart is a partner in Kirkland’s London IP Litigation team. Katie focuses her practice on patent litigation, particularly in the life sciences and high-tech sectors. Katie is experienced in dealing with multi-jurisdictional cases requiring significant cross-border coordination across multiple forums at both first instance and on appeal.
Katie has litigated patents across a broad spectrum of technological subject matters including those relating to antibody and other protein biologics, biological product development and screening platforms, checkpoint inhibitor immunotherapies, diagnostics and next generation sequencing technologies, wireless and mobile telecommunications, and e-cigarette / vaping technologies.
In addition to her patent practice, Katie also has experience dealing with trade secrets, trade mark, and IP licensing matters in the finance, media, and retail sectors.
“What is indication extrapolation and is it affecting biosimilars in Europe?”, IPPro - Life Sciences, 2014
Memberships & Affiliations
The Law Society of England & Wales
International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Group (PTMG)
Admissions & Qualifications
- 2011, Admitted to practice as a Solicitor of England and Wales
- University of OxfordPostgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice2012
- College of Law, LondonBachelor of Laws; Legal Practice CourseFirst Class Honours, with Distinction in LPC2008
- College of Law, LondonPost-Graduate Diploma in LawDistinction2007
- Durham UniversityB.Sc., Biology and ChemistryFirst Class Honours2006