Gavin is an associate in the London office of Kirkland & Ellis International LLP, with extensive experience in corporate crime, financial crime and serious, complex and high-profile criminal offences.
Gavin represents and advises clients in government and internal investigations and regularly advises on UK Bribery Act compliance, sanctions compliance and anti-money laundering issues.
“Legal Privilege in Internal Investigations and the SFO’s Compulsory Powers of Production: Two Cases in Two Days” Kirkland & Ellis International LLP (14 September 2018) (co-author)
“Extraterritorial Sanctions - Going Back to the Future?” Corporate Disputes Magazine, Financier Worldwide (July-September 2018) (co-authored with Sarah Klein and Michael Casey)
“Individual issues in parallel/cross border investigations or proceedings - the UK perspective” Global Investigations Review, The Practitioners Guide to Global Investigations, March 2017 (co-author)
Memberships & Affiliations
The Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn
Admissions & Qualifications
- 2013, Admitted to Practice as a Solicitor of England and Wales
- 2009, England & Wales, Barrister
- BPP Law School, LondonQualified Lawyers Transfer Test2013
- BPP Law School, LondonLLM Professional Legal Practice2010
- BPP Law School, LondonBar Vocational Course2009
- BPP Law School, LondonGraduate Diploma in Law2007
- King's College LondonB.A., Classical Studies and English LiteratureHons.2005