Elizabeth Cutri is an intellectual property litigation partner in Kirkland's Chicago office. Elizabeth focuses her practice on patent matters and has represented clients in complex patent litigation cases in a variety of fields, including pharmaceuticals, medical devices, chemicals and chemical processes, nutritional supplements, computer software, networking and semiconductors. She has been involved in various aspects and phases of patent litigation, including pre-filing analyses, fact and expert discovery, summary judgment briefing, Markman and Daubert briefing and trial preparation. Elizabeth has handled cases in multiple federal district courts, the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, and the United States International Trade Commission. Elizabeth also has patent counseling experience, particularly in matters concerning patent portfolio assessment, management and development.
Elizabeth’s pro bono work includes representation of victims of domestic violence in seeking orders of protection, and negotiating terms of IEPs (Individualized Education Programs) to obtain supports and services for public school students with special needs.
The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change: Current Impressions About the Implications for "Green IP."
Admissions & Qualifications
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the District of Delaware (pro hac vice)
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts (pro hac vice)
- United States District Court for the District of Minnesota (pro hac vice)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California (pro hac vice)
- United States District Court for the District of Nevada (pro hac vice)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States International Trade Commission
- University of Iowa College of LawJ.D.with Honors2008
Finalist in Van Oosterhout Moot Court Competition
Vice Chair of Moot Court Board
- University of Illinois at Urbana-ChampaignB.S., Biochemistry2005