James Esterkin is a partner in the real estate finance team at Kirkland & Ellis’ London office. He acts for UK, US and European private equity sponsors and other real estate investors in relation to the financing of their UK and European real estate assets - including acquisition and development financing, refinancing and restructuring real estate secured debt.
James typically works on financing cross-border portfolios, with a recent focus on European logistics portfolios and European non-performing loan books. He has worked on many of Europe’s highest profile real estate financings and has experience financing assets across the spectrum of real estate classes.
Admissions & Qualifications
- 2013, Admitted to Practice as a Solicitor of England and Wales
- University of Law, LondonLL.M., International Legal Practice2011
- University of Law, LondonLPCDistinction2011
- University of WestminsterM.Sc., Real Estate Development2009
- University of NottinghamLL.B., Law2008