Bartow Farr is a partner in the Washington, D.C., office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. His practice focuses on Supreme Court and other appellate litigation. Bartow has argued 32 cases before the Supreme Court.
Following service as a law clerk to Justice William H. Rehnquist and as an Assistant to the Solicitor General, Bartow was a founding partner of the D.C. law firm Onek, Klein & Farr, described in a 1986 Washington Post article as “the hottest law firm in town.
Bartow practiced at Onek, Klein & Farr and its successor firms, Klein, Farr, Smith & Taranto and Farr & Taranto from 1981 to 2013, specializing in cases before the Supreme Court. Most recently, Bartow was a partner at Bancroft PLLC.
Recognized by Chambers USA for Appellate Law [Nationwide] [Senior Statesman]
Admissions & Qualifications
- District of Columbia
- Arizona (inactive)
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State UniversityJ.D.summa cum laude
Editor-in-Chief, Law and Social Order
John S. Armstrong Award recipient
- Princeton UniversityB.A., English