Recognized for Environment: Litigation and Energy: Litigation - The Legal 500 United States
Litigation partner Catherine Fitzpatrick represents some of the leading automotive, energy and insurance companies in civil litigation and appeals in state and federal courts. She has acquired deep experience defending clients in national and multidistrict class actions.
Ms. Fitzpatrick’s practice areas include products liability, employment discrimination, ERISA, consumer fraud, environmental, bankruptcy, employment, and contract disputes.
Recognized in The Legal 500 U.S., 2013 and 2016
Adjunct faculty, Appellate Advocacy, Loyola University School of Law, 2002Ms. Fitzpatrick is co-author (Chapter 2, Personal Jurisdiction) of the critically acclaimed “Business and Commercial Litigation in Federal Courts” – a treatise the Journal of the American College of Trial Lawyers calls an “invaluable resource for any lawyer handling complex civil litigation, trials, and appeals in federal court” (Fall 2018), and which the Corporate Counsel Business Journal recommends as “the indispensable, one-stop resource on virtually every aspect of practice in our federal courts.” (July 2018)
Memberships & Affiliations
Illinois Appellate Lawyers Association
Admissions & Qualifications
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- University of Chicago Law SchoolJ.D.with Honors1995
Order of the Coif
- Northern Illinois UniversityB.S.President, Residence Hall Association