Anders Fjellstedt is a litigation and intellectual property partner in Kirkland's Washington, D.C., office. While much of his practice is patent litigation, he also has experience litigating cases and advising on other subject matters, including trade secret, copyright, employment, false advertising, unfair competition, and class action defense. He has represented clients in litigation and advisory matters involving a variety of technologies and products including semiconductors, medical equipment, chemical technologies, pharmaceuticals, aeronautical design, system controls, HVAC, networking, RFID, power plants, weapons systems, data storage, and mechanical designs.
Prior to joining Kirkland, Anders prepared and prosecuted patent applications in the fields of mechanical engineering and business methods.
Anders previously worked for MITRE Corporation, a technical think tank for the U.S. Government. While at MITRE Anders served a wide variety of defense and homeland security clients. Anders performed systems analysis of information technology systems and portfolio management for technology investment evaluation and selection. Anders also researched, wrote and spoke on the field of Network Centric Warfare.
Fjellstedt, Anders and Stein, Fred. "Situational Awareness in Urban Operations." Washington, DC: Institute for Defense and Government Advancement, January 18, 2006.
Fjellstedt, Anders and Stein, Fred. "Network Centric Warfare in Western Iraq." San Diego, CA: Command and Control Research and Technology Symposium, June 22, 2006.
Fjellstedt, Anders and Stein, Fred. "Force Tracking: Urban and Western Iraq Perspectives." Washington, DC: Institute for Defense and Government Advancement, June 28, 2006.
Selected as a Washington, D.C. “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers magazine in 2016–2017
Admissions & Qualifications
- 2009, District of Columbia
- 2009, North Carolina
- Registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- Georgetown University Law CenterJ.D.cum laude2009ABA/BNA Award for Excellence in Intellectual Property Law (highest academic performance in intellectual property law)
- Cornell UniversityM.Eng., Operations Research/Industrial Engineering2004
“Cluster Modeling and Predicting Customer Market Segmentation”
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel HillB.S., Mathematical Decision Sciences2003Randall C. Berg Scholarship