Ruben Alan Garcia is a litigation partner in the Dallas office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. He has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in a broad range of commercial litigation disputes involving antitrust claims, trade secrets and breach of contract. Ruben has experience with all phases of litigation, including taking and defending fact and expert witness depositions and examining witnesses at trial.
Ruben earned his law degree from The George Washington University School of Law, where he was an associate of the George Washington Law Review. During law school, he interned with the Honorable Rudolph Contreras in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia. He also earned a Bachelor of Science from Cornell University.
Prior to joining Kirkland, Ruben clerked for Magistrate Judge Kimberly Priest Johnson of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas. He previously practiced law as a litigation associate at a prominent boutique litigation law firm in Dallas.
Memberships & Affiliations
Member, Dallas Bar Association
Member, Hispanic National Bar Association
Treasurer, Kidd Springs Neighborhood Association
Admissions & Qualifications
- 2018District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- The George Washington University Law SchoolJ.D.2016George Washington Law Review
- Cornell UniversityB.S., Industrial and Labor Relations2010