Stephen Hackney is a litigation partner in the Firm's Chicago office. He is an experienced trial lawyer and has first- or second-chaired hearings and trials across the United States. He focuses his practice in the restructuring and private equity contexts. In addition, he is well-versed in the use of alternative fee arrangements. Steve is a member of the Firm's Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
Memberships & Affiliations
Member of the Board of Directors of LINK Unlimited, a Chicago area nonprofit.
Admissions & Qualifications
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois1997
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan2001
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit2001
- Supreme Court of the United States2006
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Trial Bar2008
- University of Chicago Law SchoolJ.D.with Honors1997Moot Court Co-Chairman, 1997
- Rice UniversityB.A., Historycum laude1994