Mike Hemes is an associate in the Technology & IP Transactions Practice Group. Mike’s practice focuses on technology and intellectual property-related transactions, including commercial agreements (sourcing, procurement, development), joint ventures and strategic alliances, software development and implementation, and software, trademark, patent, and technology licensing, as well as counseling clients on data security and data privacy matters. In addition, Mike advises clients in various industries on technology and intellectual property issues in mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital transactions, debt financing transactions, and other corporate transactions.
At his former law firm, Mike focused his practice on patent infringement litigation involving a broad range of technologies, Patent Office post-grant proceedings, patent prosecution, and corporate transactions involving intellectual property. Mike also counseled clients on issues related to patentability, validity and infringement of patents.
Admissions & Qualifications
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- University of Minnesota Law SchoolJ.D. (Intellectual Property & Technology)cum laude2016
- University of Wisconsin-MadisonB.S., Electrical Engineering2013