Kristina Hendricks is a partner in Kirkland's Chicago office with a primary focus on patent disputes. Kristina has substantial experience advising clients and litigating cases in a variety of complex technology areas and industries, including semiconductor fabrication, computer hardware and software, wireless protocols, telecommunications, database management systems, FinTech (including blockchain and cryptography technologies), and Internet security.
Kristina has handled all aspects of both district court and International Trade Commission litigation. She also has extensive experience in inter partes review proceedings, particularly as employed as part of a comprehensive defense strategy while engaged in district court litigation. In addition to her trial-related work, Kristina also advises clients on intellectual property-related licensing and other strategic issues.
Prior to joining Kirkland, Kristina worked as an electrical engineer in the semiconductor industry. In addition, she studied Chinese Intellectual Property Law at Tsinghua University in Beijing.
Kristina is proud to serve on the Board of Directors for Illinois Legal Aid Online, an organization that connects people to information they need to resolve their legal problems when they cannot afford an attorney.
Research for an IP Lawyer, IP Retreat, Chicago, IL (2017).
Why Can’t We Be FRANDs? - The Impact of Recent Trials on standard Essential Patent Royalties, 21st Annual Technology & Law Seminar, Chicago, IL (2014).
Memberships & Affiliations
Board Member, Illinois Legal Aid Online
Member, ChIPs (Chiefs in Intellectual Property)
Member, Richard Linn American Inn of Court
Litigation Committee Member, Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO)
Admissions & Qualifications
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago-Kent College of LawJ.D.with Honors2009
- The University of Texas at AustinB.S., Electrical Engineering2005