Spencer Hughes is a litigation associate in the Washington, D.C., office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. His practice focuses on complex trial and appellate litigation in federal and state courts across the country, including contract, fraud, and tort disputes, class actions, trade secret misappropriation, and government investigations. Spencer also maintains an active pro bono practice.
Before joining Kirkland, Spencer served as a law clerk to Judge Gerald Bard Tjoflat of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
Admissions & Qualifications
- 2017District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Duke University School of LawJ.D.2017
Editorial Board, Duke Law Journal
Numa L. Smith, Jr. Scholarship
- Iowa State UniversityB.A., Speech Communication & Political Sciencecum laude2014
Student Body President, 2013–2014
National Merit Scholar