Janet Jun is a corporate associate in the New York office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP, where she is a member of the Investment Funds Group. She advises private fund sponsors on a broad range of legal and regulatory matters relating to their asset management businesses, including:
- Adviser Structuring — Counseling new and existing asset managers in structuring and registering as investment advisers with the SEC, including setting up compliance infrastructure.
- Fundraising — Assisting private fund sponsors with fundraising, ensuring fund offerings comply with federal securities laws, investment vehicles meet appropriate exemptions under the Investment Company Act, and disclosures meet regulators’ expectations.
- Transactions — Advising private equity sponsors on transactions, ensuring deal structures and related fees will withstand regulatory scrutiny.
- Government Interaction — Counseling private fund sponsors through SEC examinations and enforcement actions.
Admissions & Qualifications
- 2019New York
- Harvard Law SchoolJ.D.2018
- University of California, BerkeleyB.A., Political Science & Media Studieswith Highest Distinction2013