Helena Kiepura is an intellectual property litigation partner in Kirkland’s Washington, D.C., office. She has significant experience in complex patent litigation matters, and particularly in Section 337 investigations before the United States International Trade Commission. She also has significant district court experience in a variety of the most popular patent litigation forums, including the Eastern District of Texas, the Western District of Wisconsin, the District of Delaware, and the Northern District of California, and has practiced before the Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation.
Helena has a strong technological background that includes a degree in the life sciences and a wide variety of patent litigation experiences. She has handled cases involving a broad range of technologies, including mobile device hardware and software, pharmaceuticals, radio frequency identification technology, magnetic tape technology, website development technologies, semiconductors, flash memory and cloud computing. Helena also has experience in commercial litigation, including cases involving biological products and medical devices, and in antitrust cases arising out of the settlement of Hatch-Waxman disputes. Helena’s experience includes active participation in all phases of litigation, including pre-filing investigations, discovery management, written discovery, expert reports, fact and expert depositions, trial preparation, witness examinations at trial, post-trial proceedings, and settlement negotiations.
Admissions & Qualifications
- 2011, District of Columbia
- 2009, Illinois
- Registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (pro hac vice)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas (pro hac vice)
- University of Illinois College of LawJ.D.summa cum laude2009
Order of the Coif
Rickert Award for Excellence in Academic Achievement
Development Editor, University of Illinois Law Review
Graduated first in her class
- Cornell UniversityB.S., Biological Sciencessumma cum laude2006