Nathaniel (“Nate”) Kritzer is a litigation partner with experience in a broad range of commercial litigation and arbitration matters. Nate has tried multiple cases successfully, including as first-chair trial counsel. He is also an experienced appellate advocate, having argued and won appeals in the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, and New York State’s Supreme Court--Appellate Division.
Nate has obtained favorable results for clients in a broad range of commercial disputes. His primary areas of practice include securities litigation, bankruptcy litigation, and consumer class action litigation. Nate also has experience litigating employment claims, product liability claims, and other tort claims.
In additional to his experience in litigation matters, Nate counsels financial institutions regarding regulatory obligations and compliance.
Recipient, Kirkland & Ellis Pro Bono Service Award, 2009, 2010 and 2011
Admissions & Qualifications
- 2009New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- University of Michigan Law SchoolJ.D.magna cum laude2008
Contributing Editor, Michigan Journal of Law Reform
Order of the Coif
Recipient, Saul L. Nadler Memorial Award for outstanding achievement in corporate, commercial, and creditors’ rights law
Semi-Finalist, Duberstein Bankruptcy Moot Court Competition, 2007
Quarterfinalist, Campbell Moot Court Competition, 2008
Certificate of Merit awards for highest grade in class in Evidence, Legal Writing I & II, Law Firms & Legal Careers, and Corporate Finance
- University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of MusicB.A., Musicmagna cum laude2002Recipient, Century, Guthrie, and Niemann scholarships