Megan McKeown is an intellectual property litigation associate in the Houston office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. Her practice focuses on litigation and counseling in the fields of copyright, trademark, trade secret, and advertising law. Megan has experience in managing trademark portfolios, including clearance and prosecution. She represents and advises clients across a wide range of industries, including entertainment and media, financial and insurance services, technology and consumer products.
Joshua L. Simmons & Megan L. McKeown, Contentious Construction: Does Language Fit into Copyright’s Mold?, Landslide, July/August 2017, at 44.
Note, Whose Line Is It Anyway? Probable Cause and Historical Cell Site Data, 90 Notre Dame L. Rev. 2039 (2015).
Memberships & Affiliations
Member, ABA, Intellectual Property Law Division, Trademark Litigation Committee, January 2021–Present
Secretary of the NYC Bar Association Council on IP, 2016–2019
Admissions & Qualifications
- 2017New York
- 2017District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland (pro hac vice)
- United States District Court for the Central District of California (pro hac vice)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California (pro hac vice)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia (pro hac vice)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida (pro hac vice)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania (pro hac vice)
- Notre Dame Law SchoolJ.D.magna cum laude2016
Executive Notes Editor: Vol. 91, Notre Dame Law Review
- Mississippi State UniversityB.A., Communication (Broadcasting Concentration) & Political Sciencesumma cum laude2013