Megan McKeown is an intellectual property litigation associate in the Houston office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. Her practice focuses on litigation and counseling in the fields of copyright, trademark, trade secret, and advertising law. Megan has experience in managing trademark portfolios, including clearance and prosecution. She represents and advises clients across a wide range of industries, including entertainment and media, financial and insurance services, technology and consumer products.
Joshua L. Simmons & Megan L. McKeown, Contentious Construction: Does Language Fit into Copyright’s Mold?, Landslide, July/August 2017, at 44.
Note, Whose Line Is It Anyway? Probable Cause and Historical Cell Site Data, 90 Notre Dame L. Rev. 2039 (2015).
Berkeley Technology Law Journal Student Writing Competition 2015, 3rd Place
Memberships & Affiliations
Secretary of the NYC Bar Association Council on IP, 2016–2019
Admissions & Qualifications
- Not admitted to practice in Texas
- 2017, New York
- 2017, District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland (pro hac vice)
- United States District Court for the Central District of California (pro hac vice)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California (pro hac vice)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida (pro hac vice)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania (pro hac vice)
- Notre Dame Law SchoolJ.D.magna cum laude2016
Executive Notes Editor: Vol. 91, Notre Dame Law Review
Notre Dame Law School Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Program of Study in Intellectual Property and Technology Law
Clinical Legal Education Association Outstanding Student Award; Dean’s Awards (Highest Grade) in Trade Dress & Design; Legal Research & Writing II; Deposition Skills
- Mississippi State UniversityB.A., Communication (Broadcasting Concentration) & Political Sciencesumma cum laude2013
Society of Scholars, Highest Available Honor, Top 1%
President’s List Scholar (All Semesters)