Toochi Ngwangwa is an associate in the Washington, D.C., office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP.
Toochi advises clients on complex cross-border transactional and regulatory matters that touch U.S. national security and foreign investment, including reviews by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS), economic sanctions administered by Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), export controls (ITAR/EAR), customs, anti-boycott regulations, anti-money laundering laws and regulations (FinCEN), and anti-corruption (FCPA).
Prior to joining Kirkland, Toochi worked at General Electric’s Government Affairs Team and as a Sustainable Business Advisor at the United Nations Development Programme in Beijing, China.
Admissions & Qualifications
- Admitted only in New York and practice is supervised by principals of the Firm
- Supreme Court of the State of New York, Appellate Division, Second Judicial Department
- Columbia Law SchoolJ.D.2014
Columbia Journal of Gender Law
Peking Law School, Study Abroad, Fall 2013
- George Mason UniversitySpecial Educationmagna cum laude2011
Teach for America
- The George Washington UniversityInternational Affairscum laude2009