Shachar Nir is a corporate associate in the New York office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. Shachar's primarily practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions and securities law matters where she represents public and private companies, as well as private equity firms, in a variety of domestic and international transactions, including complex cross-border mergers and acquisitions, private equity and strategic investments, and other special situations. She also advises public companies and their boards of directors on shareholder activism and hostile takeover response and preparedness, investor engagement, and complex corporate governance matters.
Prior to joining Kirkland, among other things, Shachar served as a legal assistant to Professor Aharon Barak, formerly the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Israel, the Attorney General of Israel and the Dean of the Hebrew University School of Law in Jerusalem.
Author, "One Duty to All: The Fiduciary Duty of Impartiality and Stockholders’ Conflict of Interest," 16 Hastings Business Law Journal 1, 2020
Author, "One Duty to All: The Fiduciary Duty of Impartiality and Stockholders’ Conflict of Interest," Oxford Business Law Blog, November 28, 2019
Memberships & Affiliations
Admissions & Qualifications
- Not admitted to practice in New York
- The Israel Bar Association
- Stanford Law SchoolLL.M., Corporate Governance and Practice2019Senior Thesis: The Fiduciary Duty of Impartiality and Stockholders’ Conflict of Interest Post-Trados and ODN
- The Interdisciplinary Center (IDC) HerzliyaLL.B.magna cum laude2014Graduated First in Class
- The Interdisciplinary Center (IDC) HerzliyaB.A., Business Administration & Accountingmagna cum laude2014Graduated First in Class