John Poulos is an associate in the Technology & IP Transactions Practice Group in the Chicago office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP.
John's practice previously focused on intellectual property litigation with an emphasis on high-stakes patent litigation. He has represented large technology companies in various federal court litigations, and actions in front of the International Trade Commission and Patent and Trademark Office. John has worked on some of the largest patent litigations in history and has managed all aspects of litigation from answer through trial.
John is a registered Patent Attorney and has a master’s degree in Electrical Engineering from Southern Methodist University (SMU). His technical experience ranges from telecommunications and software to semiconductors and controls. John has experience starting and building software companies. Prior to law school, John designed and implemented capital expenditure projects for a multinational defense company.
Admissions & Qualifications
- 2016, Illinois
- Registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- University of Texas at Austin School of LawJ.D.2016Texas Venture Labs
- Southern Methodist UniversityM.S., Electrical Engineeringwith Honors2012
- Southern Methodist UniversityB.S., Mechanical Engineering & Mathematics2011