Allison Ray is a litigation associate in the Chicago office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. She represents clients in a broad range of litigation matters, government enforcement actions, and internal investigations.
Before joining Kirkland, Allison served as a federal prosecutor in the United States Attorney’s Office in Chicago for four years, where she obtained convictions in several jury trials and argued appeals before the Seventh Circuit on behalf of the United States. Allison also served as a clerk to Judge Kenneth F. Ripple of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit and to Judge Rebecca R. Pallmeyer of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Admissions & Qualifications
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- Harvard Law SchoolJ.D.cum laude2012
Managing Editor, Harvard Journal on Legislation
Dean’s Scholar Prize for Constitutional Law: First Amendment
Rappaport Fellowship in Law and Public Policy
Resident Tutor in Law, Winthrop House at Harvard College
- Harvard CollegeA.B., English & Religionmagna cum laude2008Phi Beta Kappa