Eric Schlabs is an intellectual property litigation associate in the New York office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. His practice focuses on patent litigation in a variety of technical fields, including biomedical devices, computer software, pharmaceutical compositions, and energy technologies. Eric has experience with all stages of litigation, including pre-filing investigation, fact and expert discovery, summary judgment, trial, post-trial, and appeal.
From 2017 to 2018, Eric served as a law clerk to the Honorable Richard G. Andrews in the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware, where he spent the majority of his time working on intellectual property matters.
Eric’s pro bono work has included representing individuals seeking asylum, withholding of removal, Special Immigrant Juvenile Status, and naturalization, as well representing incarcerated individuals on criminal appeals and constitutional claims.
Memberships & Affiliations
Admissions & Qualifications
- 2018, New York
- Registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- University of Pennsylvania Law SchoolJ.D.magna cum laude2017
Order of the Coif
Wharton Certificate in Management
Detkin Intellectual Property and Technology Legal Clinic
President, Penn Intellectual Property Group
Political Director, Lambda Law
Senior Editor, University of Pennsylvania Law Review
Managing Editor, The Regulatory Review
- The George Washington UniversityB.S., Civil Engineeringsumma cum laude2014Tau Beta Pi