Julie M.K. Siegal is a partner in the Washington, D.C. office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. Her practice focuses on appellate litigation, complex trial litigation, and strategic counseling. Her litigation experience spans a wide range of subject matters, including constitutional law, contract, intellectual property, antitrust, administrative law, and the False Claims Act. Julie also maintains an active and diverse pro bono practice.
Before joining Kirkland, Julie served as a law clerk to Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr. on the U.S. Supreme Court, then-Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, and Judge Gary S. Feinerman on the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Julie also served as a Bristow Fellow in the Office of the Solicitor General at the U.S. Department of Justice. In that role, she successfully briefed and argued a case before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.
Julie is a mentor with the Appellate Project and a member of the Northwestern University Council of One Hundred.
Admissions & Qualifications
- 2019District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- Northwestern Pritzker School of LawJ.D.summa cum laude2014
John Paul Stevens Prize (for graduating first in class)
Senior Research Honors
Northwestern University Law Review
- Northwestern UniversityB.S., Education and Social Policymagna cum laude2010