Daniel Siegfried is a litigation partner in the Chicago office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. He represents clients in a wide range of disputes in federal and state courts across the country, with a focus on False Claims Act and appellate litigation.
Before joining the firm, Daniel served as a law clerk to the Honorable Richard A. Posner of the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
“Based On” the Guidelines? Applying Retroactive Sentencing Amendments to Binding Plea Agreements, 77 U. Chi. L. Rev. 1801 (2010)
Admissions & Qualifications
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- University of Chicago Law SchoolJ.D.with High Honors2011
Order of the Coif
Kirkland & Ellis Scholar
Editor-in-Chief, The University of Chicago Law Review
- Princeton UniversityA.B., Politicscum laude2005Certificate in Latin American Studies