Since joining Kirkland, Matthew has been involved in the following matters:
- Northern Oil and Gas, Inc. (NYSE: NOG) in connection with its follow-on offering of 7,647,500 shares of its common stock for gross proceeds of $229.4 million.
- Northern Oil and Gas, Inc. (NYSE: NOG) in its private placement of $500 million of new 8.750% senior notes due 2031.
- Janus International Group, Inc. (NYSE: JBI) in the launch of its secondary at-the-market offering of 52 million shares of common stock by certain selling stockholders.
- Energy Spectrum, together with its portfolio company ESGEN, in the $475 million business combination of ESGEN Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ: ESAC) with Sunergy Renewables, a leading provider or residential solar and energy efficiency solutions.
- Northern Oil & Gas, Inc. (NYSE: NOG) in its upsized $500 million 144A offering of convertible senior notes and associated capped call and share repurchase transactions.
- Stronghold Energy, a portfolio company of Warburg Pincus LLC, in the $465 million sale of its Permian Basin assets to Ring Energy, Inc. (NYSE: REI).
- GEP Haynesville, LLC in its $1.85 billion sale to Southwestern Energy (NYSE: SWN).
Prior to joining Kirkland, Matthew represented clients in the following capital markets, M&A, restructuring, and other corporate matters:
- Lead underwriter with respect to initial public offering of energy services company.
- NYSE-listed oil and gas company in its issuance of $500 million in aggregate principal amount of high-yield senior notes.
- Sovereign issuer in its combined tender offer and registered add-on bond issuances.
- Initial purchasers for a private multinational chemicals company in connection with multiple issuances of investment grade senior notes totaling approximately $1.7 billion.
- Hedge fund in its convertible preferred investment in a public gaming and technology company.
- NASDAQ-listed Cayman Islands issuer in its offering of $100 million in aggregate principal amount of convertible senior notes.
- NYSE-listed company as the selling unitholder in an underwritten secondary offering of common units in public master limited partnership.
- NASDAQ-listed life sciences company in its underwritten public offering of common stock.
- Joint bookrunners for private company’s add-on issuance of $235 million in high-yield senior notes.
- NASDAQ-listed oil and gas company in connection with the exchange of its existing senior notes for newly issued senior secured second lien notes.
- Debtors and various creditors’ committees with respect to multiple issuances of warrants pursuant to Section 1145 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- NYSE-listed company in its multi-party proxy contest.
- Foreign electronics company in its tender offer in a foreign private issuer.
Public and Private Mergers and Acquisitions
- Conflicts Committee of Noble Midstream Partners LP in the acquisition by Chevron Corporation of Noble Midstream Partners LP.
- SRC Energy Inc. in its merger with and into PDC Energy, Inc.
- Cimarex Energy Co. in its acquisition of Resolute Energy Corporation.
- Eagle Claw Midstream Ventures LLC, a portfolio company of Blackstone Energy Partners, in its acquisition of Caprock Midstream Holdings.
- Public and private debtors in connection with filing, administration, and confirmation of chapter 7 and 11 bankruptcy cases.
- Public oil and gas companies in public reporting obligations and transactions pursuant to entry, plan confirmation, and emergence from chapter 11 cases.
- Public and private companies and various creditors and creditors' committees in connection with out-of-court recapitalization transactions and value-preserving transactions.
- Debtors and purchasers in asset sales pursuant to Section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code.