Sarah Williams is a litigation partner in Kirkland’s Houston office, where she focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation matters. She has experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal court in a variety of matters, including energy, contract, fraud, consumer, trade secret and bankruptcy-related disputes.
Before entering private practice, Sarah served as a law clerk to the Honorable Marcia A. Crone in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas. Additionally, she worked as a journalist for several years prior to law school.
In addition to her professional work, Sarah is involved in the Interscholastic Moot Court program at the University of Houston Law Center through the Blakely Advocacy Institute, where she has served as coach of the National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition team.
Memberships & Affiliations
Houston Bar Association
Association of Women Attorneys
Admissions & Qualifications
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- University of Houston Law CenterJ.D.cum laude2010
Finalist in National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition, 2010
Recipient of David M. Sive Award for Best Brief Overall, National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition, 2009
- Southern Methodist UniversityB.A., Journalismcum laude2003