Benjamin Yaghoubian is an intellectual property partner in the Los Angeles office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP focusing on patent, trade secret, copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property-related litigation and advice. Ben has experience in all phases of litigation, including preparing and responding to complaints, fact and expert discovery, mediation, arbitration, and trial. He has taken and defended numerous depositions and conducted witness examinations at trial. He also has experience in a variety of technological areas, including computer hardware, software, wireless technology, mobile applications, and medical devices. Ben has advised clients regarding IP matters in the acquisition of companies, licenses, as well as permissible use of IP.
Ben is devoted to pro bono work. He was part of a trial team representing tenants living in slum housing conditions who sued their landlords in South Los Angeles. He also secured remand of a removal order of a lawful permanent resident in an immigration appeal to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Ivanov, V., Zhou, H., Ghandhi, S.A., Karasic, T., Yaghoubian, B., Amundson, S.A., Hei, T.K. Radiation-induced bystander signaling pathways in human fibroblasts: A role for interleukin-33 in the signal transmission. Cellular Signal. 22(7): 1076-1087 (2010).
Ghandhi, S.A., Yaghoubian, B., and Amundson, S.A. Global gene expression analyses of bystander and alpha particle irradiated normal human lung fibroblasts: Synchronous and differential responses. BMC Med Genomics. 2008 Dec 24; 1:63.
Admissions & Qualifications
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- University of California, Los Angeles, School of LawJ.D.2013Chief Articles Editor, UCLA Journal of Law and Technology
- Columbia UniversityB.S., Biomedical Engineering2007