The American Conference Institute is hosting the Advanced IP Forum for Advertising Counsel on April 27-28, 2011, in New York. The Advanced IP Forum for Advertising Counsel is a unique new program that has been tailored to provide expert, detailed knowledge that you can apply directly to your review of your company's marketing practices. A faculty of experienced counsel for major brand and media companies will go well beyond identifying trends as they provide you with strategies and practical tips for avoiding the new intellectual property pitfalls that can lead to weakening of your brand and/or exposure to litigation. This program is targeted towards in-house counsel for any company involved in advertising or marketing its products or services, marketing and advertising directors, brand managers, and attorneys who specialize in intellectual property and marketing matters.
Kirkland & Ellis partner Claudia Ray will be a panelist on "Top Litigators Speak: IP Litigation Considerations for Advertisers." This segment of the program will focus on intellectual property rights in today's competitive marketplace and will provide unique inside insights for advertising and media counsel on:
- What "triggers" they are seeing for IP litigation in the context of advertising
- What to do first when you receive a cease and desist letter
- When to file a declaratory judgment action, to try to establish that no likelihood of confusion exists from your activities
- Responding to a request from another company for a license fee
- Assessing the predictability of successful outcomes in IP litigation
- Comparing potential costs for litigating different types of disputes
For more information, please visit the website.