The Practicing Law Institute will be hosting a two-day seminar, "Outsourcing 2011: Structuring, Negotiation and Governance" on September 19-20, in Chicago. This seminar is designed for attorneys who are involved in outsourcing arrangements, corporate, technology, intellectual property, employment, regulatory, tax, financial, and insurance lawyers, and business professionals. Kirkland partners Neil S. Hirshman, P.C. and Vladimir Khodosh will co-present, "Transformational Sourcing" at 1:15 p.m. on September 20. The session will discuss the following:
- What does "transformational" mean?
- Managing customer expectations and sales hype
- Project plan - milestones, acceptance criteria, payments and remedies for failure to achieve milestones
- Change control - anticipating change
- Change management - allocating responsibilities for managing change and resistance to change
- Pricing for transformation and anticipating delay
- Measuring success; objective vs. subjective standards
Please visit the website for more information.