He sits at the very top of the market. His ability to combine excellent legal and commercial nous and lean on his team to drive complex processes is unparalleled.” - Chambers UK, 2024
Kon Asimacopoulos is a partner in Kirkland's European Restructuring Group and acts for companies and investors in national and cross-border financial restructuring, insolvency and litigation matters. He has been involved in dozens of the leading global and European restructuring and litigation matters over the course of the past 20 years and has been ranked among the top lawyers in his field for most of his career. Kon speaks regularly at restructuring and distressed investing conferences, and is often quoted in financial and legal media on restructuring, insolvency and distressed-related subjects.
- Chambers UK: Band 1 in Restructuring/Insolvency - UK, 2024
- Legal 500: Hall of Fame in Corporate Restructuring & Insolvency, 2024
- IFLR 1000: Market Leader in Restructuring and Insolvency, 2023
- Who’s Who Legal: Thought Leader and Global Elite Thought Leader, Restructuring & Insolvency, 2022
- Euromoney Guide to the World's Leading Insolvency and Restructuring Lawyers
Kon has recently authored or co-authored a number of publications and client updates, including the following:
Exercising Change - CVAs, Practice & Law, 18 October 2014
Court of Appeal in European Directories Restructuring Clarifies Intercreditor Release Powers, Financier Worldwide, January 2011.
A chapter on U.S. Restructuring for European Investors in the leading restructuring publication A Practitioner's Guide to Corporate Restructuring, City & Financial, 2008.
China's New Enterprise Bankruptcy Law, Journal of Bankruptcy Law, January/February 2007.
Impact of UNCITRAL Model Law on Chapter 11 Debtors in the UK, Financier Worldwide, September 2006.
Court Conduct - The Flexible Approach of the English High Court to European Insolvencies, Legal Week, 28 September 2006.
Recognised in Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 as a leading corporate restructuring and insolvency lawyer.
Kon is frequently quoted and referred to in leading financial and legal publications including as follows:
Court of Appeal comes to the rescue in European Directories restructure
City and Wall Street elite seal end to Almatis restructuring dispute
Reader's Digest demise sees BLP advise administrators
Kirkland, Maitland gain clarification of client money liquidation process
Focus on implications of IMO Carwash takeover
Memberships & Affiliations
Full member, INSOL
Full member, Insolvency Lawyers' Association
Full member, Turnaround Management Association
Full member, R3: The Association of Business Recovery Professionals
Admissions & Qualifications
- 2004, Admitted to Practice as a Solicitor of England and Wales
- 2000, High and Federal Courts of Australia
- 1999, Admitted to the Supreme Court of New South Wales, Australia
- University of Technology SydneyLL.B.
First Class Honours2000
- University of WollongongB.Com.1996