Dan Attridge practiced in Kirkland's Washington, D.C., office since 1980 and served as the managing partner of the Washington, D.C., office from 1998 to 2013. He was an experienced trial and appellate lawyer who litigated cases before federal and state courts, administrative agencies, and arbitration panels throughout the United States. His cases involved a wide range of industries and practice areas, including intellectual property; antitrust and unfair competition; commercial and government contracts; insurance coverage and discrimination; and corporate and securities.
Dan was recognized in The Best Lawyers in America (under Commercial Litigation, Antitrust Litigation, Intellectual Property Litigation and Patent Litigation); featured in The National Law Journal's "Defense Hot List"; listed in SuperLawyers (under Business Litigation and Intellectual Property Litigation); noted in Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business (under Intellectual Property); rated "AV" by Martindale-Hubbell ("the highest level of professional excellence"); and listed in Who's Who in American Law, Who's Who in America, and Who's Who in the World.
From February 1, 2013 to July 31, 2018, Dan served as Dean of the Columbus School of Law at The Catholic University of America. He now serves as a Professor of Law there.
Author of practice-oriented commentaries on a variety of litigation, antitrust, and intellectual property topics.
Chair or Faculty for numerous Continuing Legal Education programs on litigation, antitrust or intellectual property topics, sponsored by the American Bar Association, the District of Columbia Bar, Georgetown University Law Center, George Washington University National Law Center and the National Institute for Trial Advocacy.
Memberships & Affiliations
Dean and Professor of Law, Columbus School of Law at The Catholic University of America, 2013–2018; Professor of Law, 2018–present
Trustee, Federal City Council, 2003–2013
Advisory Board, Corporate Counsel Institute, 1999–2013
Adjunct Professor, Georgetown University Law Center, 2012–2013
Fellow, American Bar Foundation, 1997–present
Advisory Board, Georgetown University Law Center, 1994–2000
Board of Governors, District of Columbia Bar, 1996–1999
Co-Chair, Litigation Section, District of Columbia Bar, 1993–1996
Vice Chair, Sherman Act Section 2 Committee, Antitrust Section, American Bar Association, 1999–2002
Admissions & Qualifications
- 1980District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- Georgetown University Law CenterJ.D.cum laude1979Executive Editor, Georgetown Law Journal
- University of PennsylvaniaB.A.magna cum laude1976