“[Vanessa] is driven to finding practical solutions,” is “a very effective negotiator,” and “achieve[s] excellent results.” - Chambers USA
Vanessa Barsanti is a partner in the Chicago office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. She has extensive experience in complex commercial litigation, including multidistrict litigations, antitrust, and restructuring.
As the member of multiple winning trial teams, Vanessa’s experience extends to all stages of litigation, from drafting a complaint to post-trial briefing. She also has extensive experience in managing the discovery process for matters of all sizes, including managing collections, reviews and productions, organizing multi-track offensive and defensive written discovery, drafting successful discovery motions, and taking and defending depositions.
Vanessa works with clients to develop practical, efficient, and defensible discovery strategies, including developing and implementing custom technical workflows to support eDiscovery needs. She is well-versed in sophisticated document and data analysis, making her uniquely situated to assist her clients in addressing large-scale discovery issues.
Vanessa maintains an active pro bono practice, representing a wide array of individuals in need.
Recognized by The Legal 500 U.S. in E-Discovery (2022)
Recognized by Chambers Global for E-Discovery & Information Governance (USA) (2022)
Recognized by Chambers USA for E-Discovery & Information Governance (USA - Nationwide) (2021–2022)
Memberships & Affiliations
Admissions & Qualifications
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- University of Chicago Law SchoolJ.D.with Honors2010
- Texas Christian UniversityB.A., Religion & Political Sciencemagna cum laude2007