Ali is a partner in Kirkland’s Intellectual Property Group, focusing on litigation and trials involving patent, trade secret, and unfair competition claims. Ali also advises clients on intellectual property strategy, including offensive and defensive pre-litigation strategies. He has substantial experience working on and leading litigation teams in complex matters. Many of Ali’s matters involve parallel proceedings in foreign jurisdictions in Asia and Europe, and he has substantial experience working and coordinating with counsel in foreign jurisdictions. Ali has substantial experience in all phases of litigation, including case inception, managing discovery teams, briefing and arguing motions, working with expert witnesses, deposing and defending witnesses, preparing fact and expert witnesses for trial, and examining witnesses. Ali’s practice spans a wide range of technologies, including wireless communications, signal processing, electronics, robotics, software, and medical devices.
Ali also maintains an active pro bono practice, including serving as Special City Prosecutor for the City of Redondo Beach, where he has successfully first chaired and won misdemeanor jury trials, won pre- and post-trial motions, and has successfully argued appeals from trial court judgments.
Boloori A, Corporate Diversity Jurisdiction Untangled: The Supreme Court's Decision In Hertz Corp. v. Friend, Business Torts & RICO News (2010), 6 (2): 13–15.
Scientific Peer-Reviewed (Representative)
Boloori A, Jenks RA, Desbordes G, and Stanley GB, Encoding and Decoding Cortical Representations of Tactile Features in the Vibrissa System, The Journal of Neuroscience (2010), 30 (30): 9990–10005.
Jenks RA, Vaziri A, Boloori A, and Stanley GB, Self-motion and the Shaping of Sensory Signals, Journal of Neurophysiology (2010), 103: 2195–2207.
Boloori A, and Stanley GB, The Dynamics of Spatiotemporal Response Integration in the Somatosensory Cortex of the Vibrissa System, The Journal of Neuroscience (2010), 26 (14): 3767–3782.
Kirkland & Ellis Pro Bono Service Award, 2011, 2014
Wiley W. Manuel Certificate for Pro Bono Legal Services, The State Bar of California, 2012
Admissions & Qualifications
- Supreme Court of California
- Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- University of Michigan Law SchoolJ.D.2010
- Harvard UniversityPh.D., Engineering Sciences2007
- Harvard UniversityS.M., Engineering Sciences2001
- University of California, BerkeleyB.S., Mechanical & Nuclear Engineeringwith Honors2000