James Brownstein is a corporate associate in the San Francisco office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. His practice is primarily focused on private equity mergers and acquisitions.
Prior to joining Kirkland & Ellis LLP, James worked as a corporate lawyer in Melbourne, Australia. His experience from Australia includes public and private mergers and acquisitions, capital markets transactions and corporate governance matters.
Admissions & Qualifications
- Not admitted to practice in California
- 2016, New York
- 2013, High Court of Australia
- 2013, Supreme Court of Victoria
- New York University School of LawLL.M., Corporate Law2015Graduate Editor, NYU Law Journal of Law and Business
- University of MelbourneB.Com., Accounting; LL.B.Honours2012