Rachel Chiger is a corporate associate in the New York office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP, where she is a member of the Investment Funds Group. She advises private fund sponsors on a variety of legal, regulatory, transactional and compliance matters arising under related federal securities laws and regulations, including:
- Structuring: Counseling new and existing asset managers in structuring and registering as investment advisers with the SEC, including setting up compliance infrastructure.
- Fundraising: Assisting private fund sponsors with fundraising, ensuring fund offerings comply with federal securities laws, investment vehicles meet appropriate exemptions under the Investment Company Act, and disclosures meet regulators’ expectations.
- Transactions: Advising private equity sponsors on transactions, ensuring deal structures and related fees will withstand regulatory scrutiny.
- Navigating: Counseling private fund sponsors through SEC examinations and enforcement actions.
“An Overview of the ISDA IBOR Fallbacks Supplement and Protocol,” Cadwalader Wickersham & Taft LLP Memo, October 23, 2020
Admissions & Qualifications
- 2020New York
- University of Pennsylvania Law SchoolJ.D.2019
Certificate in Management, The Wharton School
Executive Editor, Journal of International Law
CHILD USA Fellow
- City University of New York, Queens CollegeB.A., Political Science; Art History & Honors Business and Liberal Arts (BALA) Minorsmagna cum laude2014
Highest Honors in Political Science
Academic Excellence in Political Science
High Honors in BALA
Presidential Achiever’s Honor Roll
Pi Sigma Alpha