Dr. Tom Clucas is an investment funds associate in the London office of Kirkland & Ellis International LLP. Tom advises and represents clients in relation to the structuring and establishment of private investment funds, including private equity funds, private debt funds, credit funds, secondary funds, real estate funds, funds of funds and hedge funds, across Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. In addition, he advises on a broad range of other matters throughout the life cycle of private investment funds, including incentive/carried interest and co-investment plans, termination and liquidation processes and management company transactions. Tom has worked extensively with tax and regulatory professionals and local counsel in various jurisdictions to achieve client’s structuring objectives.
He was educated and trained in the UK and has international experience of working in Germany for over three years. He has published and spoken widely on both legal and non-legal topics and is passionate about inclusion, being active in several legal diversity networks.
“A Spate of Developments but New Securitisation Disclosure Requirements Still Lack Clarity,” Lexology, February 8, 2019
Memberships & Affiliations
Admissions & Qualifications
- 2020, Admitted to Practice as Solicitor of England & Wales
- BPP Law SchoolLL.M., Commercial Legal Practicewith Distinction2018
- BPP Law SchoolGraduate Diploma in Lawwith Distinction2017
- University of OxfordD.Phil., English Literature2014Christ Church Scholar, Arts and Humanities Research Council
- University of Oxford M.St., English (1780–1900)2010Arts and Humanities Research Council Scholar
- University of OxfordB.A., English Language & LiteratureFirst Class Honours2009St Edmund Hall Open Scholar