Clint Cowan is a litigation associate in the Dallas office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. Clint works on a range of complex commercial litigation matters across the United States, including contract, fiduciary duty, fraud, restrictive covenant, and trade secret disputes. He has represented energy companies in litigation involving construction and engineering disputes, regulatory compliance, and contractual claims. He has represented retail and travel brands in claims for trade secret misappropriation. He has extensive experience in noncompete cases involving departed employees, having secured and defended against claims for injunctive relief. And he has experience in insurance coverage litigation, commercial lease disputes, and antitrust litigation. Clint also maintains an active First Amendment practice, challenging commercial speech restrictions for some of the nation’s largest home service companies. His litigation on behalf of these clients has resulted in hundreds of municipalities' repealing or amending their laws.
Clint was recently selected to the Best Lawyers® Ones to Watch list.
Prior to law school, Clint taught high school math for four years through the Memphis Teacher Residency.
Memberships & Affiliations
Dallas Bar Association
Admissions & Qualifications
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- University of Virginia School of LawJ.D.2016
- University of North Carolina at Chapel HillB.A., Economics & Religious Studies2009Phi Beta Kappa