Michael Glick is a partner in the Washington, D.C., office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. With a practice focusing on trial and appellate litigation, Michael handles lawsuits in both state and federal courts and across all industries on both the plaintiff and defense side. Michael has represented Fortune 500 companies and other clients in matters involving contracts, fraud, the False Claims Act, false advertising, voting rights, antitrust, bankruptcy, constitutional law, mergers and acquisitions, and RICO. He has resolved cases with motions practice, represented clients at numerous trials (including first-chairing a federal bench trial), and argued before the federal court of appeals.
In 2023, Benchmark Litigation recognized Michael on its “40 & Under Hot List,” which “sets out to identify the best and brightest litigators across the United States.” In 2021, The National Law Journal recognized Michael as one of Washington, D.C.’s 40-under-40 “Rising Stars.” Additionally, The American Lawyer has recognized him as a “Litigator of the Week” winner or runner-up on multiple occasions in the past few years.
Before joining Kirkland, Michael served as a law clerk to Judge Thomas M. Hardiman of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Michael is a member of the Washington office's Recruiting and Summer Associate Committees. Michael also serves as an adjunct professor of trial advocacy at Georgetown University Law Center.
Admissions & Qualifications
- 2010District of Columbia
- 2009New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Harvard Law SchoolJ.D.cum laude2008
Articles Editor, Harvard Law and Policy Review
Recipient of the Dean's Award for Community Leadership
- Georgetown UniversityB.A., Government & Economicsmagna cum laude2005