David Higgins is 'one of the leading lights of the private equity market, with a long track record of excellence in high-end deals.' - Chambers UK (2018)
David is a senior partner in Kirkland’s corporate practice and advises private equity funds and other financial investor clients on all types of cross border leveraged M&A including public and private acquisitions, carve-outs, take privates, consortium deals, distressed acquisitions and disposals.
David regularly acts for BC Partners, Blackstone, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Cinven, GIC (Singapore’s Sovereign Wealth Fund), Hellman & Friedman, Partners Group and The Carlyle Group.
- Chambers UK: Band 1 for UK-wide Private Equity: Buyouts where he is recognised as “a formidable presence in the market, with enviable expertise in headline private equity deals”
- Legal 500 Private equity: transaction – high value deals: Listed as a “Leading Individual”
- Financial News and Private Equity News: Named as one of “Europe’s 50 Most Influential People in Private Equity” (2018)
Admissions & Qualifications
- 1994, Admitted to Practice as a Solicitor of England and Wales
- The University of Law, ChesterLaw Society Finals1991
- Exeter UniversityLL.B.Hons1990