A great leader on transactions. He is a fantastic adviser who is commercial in how he thinks and very good at coming up with ways to get to an ultimate deal. - Chambers UK, 2022
David is a partner in Kirkland’s corporate practice and a member of the Firm's Executive Committee. He advises private equity funds and other financial investor clients on all types of cross border leveraged M&A including public and private acquisitions, carve-outs, take privates, consortium deals, distressed acquisitions and disposals.
David regularly acts for BC Partners, Blackstone, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Cinven, GIC (Singapore’s Sovereign Wealth Fund), Hellman & Friedman, Partners Group and The Carlyle Group.
- Chambers UK (2022): Band 1 for UK-wide Private Equity: Buyouts where he is described as “widely acclaimed as a foremost talent in the UK private equity market.”
- The Legal 500 UK (2022): Listed as a “Leading Individual” for Private equity: transactions – high value deals
- IFLR1000 UK (2022): Listed as a “Market Leader” for Private Equity; Mergers & Acquisitions
- Financial News and Private Equity News (2021, 2022): Listed in the “Most Influential Lawyers” list
- Financial News and Private Equity News (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022): Named as one of “Europe’s 50 Most Influential People in Private Equity”
Admissions & Qualifications
- 1994, Admitted to Practice as a Solicitor of England and Wales
- The University of Law, ChesterLaw Society Finals1991
- Exeter UniversityLL.B.Hons1990