I have worked with David on multiple transactions since 2014 and he really stands out from the rest of the industry in terms of breadth and depth of knowledge, quality of advice and calmness under pressure. - The Legal 500 UK, 2020
David is a partner in Kirkland’s corporate practice and a member of the global firm management committee. He advises private equity funds and other financial investor clients on all types of cross border leveraged M&A including public and private acquisitions, carve-outs, take privates, consortium deals, distressed acquisitions and disposals.
David regularly acts for BC Partners, Blackstone, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Cinven, GIC (Singapore’s Sovereign Wealth Fund), Hellman & Friedman, Partners Group and The Carlyle Group.
- Chambers UK: Band 1 for UK-wide Private Equity: Buyouts where he is recognised as “a formidable presence in the market, with enviable expertise in headline private equity deals”
- Legal 500 Private equity: transaction – high value deals: Listed as a “Leading Individual”
- Financial News and Private Equity News: Named as one of “Europe’s 50 Most Influential People in Private Equity” (2019)
Admissions & Qualifications
- 1994, Admitted to Practice as a Solicitor of England and Wales
- The University of Law, ChesterLaw Society Finals1991
- Exeter UniversityLL.B.Hons1990