Christopher Jagoe focuses his practice on patent litigation related to chemical, pharmaceutical and biotech matters. He has experience in all aspects of litigation, including numerous jury trials, bench trials and appeals to the Federal Circuit. He was named an “IP Star” by Managing Intellectual Property in 2013 and 2014.
Christopher has litigated patent cases involving synthetic organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry and pharmaceuticals, medical devices and polymers, as well as biology, agriculture, and biofuels. He is also registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office. In addition to counseling on patent prosecution, intellectual property enforcement and freedom to operate, Christopher has advised clients in merger and acquisition deals and licensing matters.
Prior to joining Kirkland, Christopher was a partner at Kaye Scholer. He also has a B.S. in agronomy and a Ph.D. in organic chemistry. Prior to his career in law, he held senior scientific positions in the pharmaceutical industry. He is a named inventor on patents and an author of scientific publications in organic and medicinal chemistry.
"More Like a Patent Hill," IP Pro Patents: Pharma Facts, Issue 0008 10-12, June 7, 2016
"The Role of Healthy Sales in IPR," Life Sciences Intellectual Property Review (LSIPR), March 17, 2016
Panelist, "Strategies for Managing Global Patent Portfolios under New Patent Regimes," Global IP Conference and Exhibition, June 18-19, 2014
Speaker, "Post-Grant Proceedings Under the America Invests Act," NJ Law Journal's In House Counsel Lecture, September 24, 2013
Memberships & Affiliations
Admissions & Qualifications
- 2000, New Jersey
- 2001, New York
- 2001, Connecticut
- Registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Fordham University School of LawJ.D.2000
- Indiana UniversityPost-doctoral research fellow in Organic Chemistry1991
- Boston CollegePh.D., Organic Chemistry1991
- University of ConnecticutB.S., Agronomy1985