Rex Manning is a litigation associate in the Houston office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP, where he focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation matters and appeals. He has experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal court in a variety of matters, including securities, contract, fraud, and intellectual-property disputes. He has briefed, argued, and won multiple appeals in federal appellate courts.
Rex served as a law clerk to the Honorable Richard Allen Griffin on the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and to the Honorable Terrence G. Berg in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
Admissions & Qualifications
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- University of Michigan Law SchoolJ.D.cum laude2015
Michigan Telecommunications & Technology Law Review
National Trial Team
Federal Appellate Litigation Clinic
- Michigan State University, James Madison CollegeB.A., Political Theory and Constitutional Democracywith Honors2012Mock Trial Team